Los Angeles, CA asked in Civil Rights for California

Q: What does it mean to report a proposal given to the house of representatives after it has been referred

I am a debater and reading about H.R. 7080 (115th): Arms Sale Oversight Act and that is in the text but I don't understand what it means??? Help also is this the right category

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You question has nothing to do with civil rights because the the proposed law deals with amending the process for obtaining permission to sell certain defense articles or services to foreign governments. The stated purpose is: "To modify the expedited procedures in the House of Representatives under section 36 of the Arms Export Control Act with respect to consideration of joint resolutions prohibiting proposed sales of defense articles or services, prohibiting proposed licenses for exports of defense articles or services, and prohibiting approval of United States commercial technical assistance or manufacturing licensing agreements."

The proposed amendment has to do with the rules allowing the sale of domestic defense "articles or services" to foreign governments, and how those rules are processed in the congress of the United States.

So it is unclear to me just what the nature of your question is.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.