Fort Lee, NJ asked in Child Custody and Family Law for New Jersey

Q: What if the custodial parent lied about the child being in day care & summer camp? Can there be a modification in child

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Noel Rivers
Noel Rivers
  • Hackensack, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: If a child support award was entered based on the child attending daycare and summer camp and that child is not enrolled in daycare and summer camp and if you do not anticipate the child enrolling in those programs, you can file a motion with the court to modify the child support payments. Of course, the facts of each case vary greatly and as a result, it is difficult for anyone to make a determination on whether support should increase or decrease based on the limited information provided. I would advise you to have a consultation with an experienced family law attorney if you need further assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.