Liverpool, NY asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for New York

Q: No contact orders and the District Attorney

My husband was arrested over a domestic dispute and is being charged with Endangering the welfare of a child and criminal obstruction of breathing. Both A class Misdemeanors. Upon his arraignment he was served a no contact order that he cannot contact me or our daughter. I contacted the assistant district attorney handling the case and she said she would motion the court the have the order modified into a “refrain from” order. The day after I talked to her I contacted the clerk for the judge he’s seeing on the seventh of August and she said the motion is on the judges desk. So my question is, being a first time offense and being that alcohol was involved, what hare the chances that the just will modify the order so my husband can come home?

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: These questions should be directed to his lawyer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.