Bronx, NY asked in Family Law and Child Custody for New York

Q: Can an agency change a visitation from my mom supervising to saying that she can't supervise without court order?

Court ordered my mom to supervise my visits and due to the heat lately my son gets red ears, red face, he was running in the park. My mom shows affection like tickling and nibbling my kids ears because she loves them. Never will she hurt my kids. Now the agency and foster parents(other GMA) is saying my mom bit his ears to make us look bad. This is not the first time they are trying to use anything to make me and my mom look bad because resolution is on thursday for hearing. He wasn't even red on his ears when he left the agency. The agency doesnt have an order to change visitation. they simply said they are investigating my mom. Can they withheld my mom from supervising my visitation? Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Anthony Pappalardo
John Anthony Pappalardo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • White Plains, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: The Agency can do it if they feel the child was at risk however should follow up with a modification of the court order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.