Lafayette, LA asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: How can I make my ex let have my son when the custody paperwork says 2 weeks agreed upon by us she alway has a excuse

To start with she has refused to let me have my son for about 6 are 7 weeks,Now I want to do something with him I should have him for two weeks during summer. She keeps making excuses, so I said I would go pick him up with police. She Is telling me I can't because the paperwork states the agreed upon . Summer is almost over I have to have a surgery shortly How can I get my child. She flat out will state I won't agree so you can't have him.please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hire a custody lawyer and print all her texts and emails.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.