Saint Paul, MN asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Ohio

Q: My daughter of who I have custody of went for visitation and the mother will not let her leave. I need help! In Ohio.

Child was removed by cps and custody was granted to me 9 years ago. Mother has never paid child support. Repeatedly harassed my family through cps. Rarely visits her throughout the year. Now my daughter has mentioned hurting herself and nobody will help me. I have been everywhere for help. I have all paperwork from the courts and child support. I even have police reports.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Contact the police and provide copy of the court custody documents. They should help you retrieve your daughter. If not, then use the Find a Lawyer tab and retain a local family law attorney to assist you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.