Delhi, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: I'm a us citizen the girl I'm in luv wit is here with a b2 visa. I want to ask her to merry me. What happens next?

She is only here for 6 months and I cannot lose her. I have found my soulmate. So does she ask for a extension on her visa so we can get married?? or does she have to change her status to the fiance visa? and does she have to go back to brazil until all the paper work is done?? I can't live with out her. I don't know what to do. I don't want her to have to leave back to brazil

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL

A: Retain counsel, who can file a G-28 with USCIS, to handle the case from start to finish. How long has she been in the US for? that's a critical question. Some of us charge a very affordable flat rate fee for cases. Counsel in any state can represent you. Discuss with counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.