Victoria, TX asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: I have proof my wife is cheating I continue to pay everything he has threatened me can I prevent him from seeing my kid

My wife and I have been separated for 2 years, throughout these two years I have never disregarded my responsibilities, I have paid for everything and some, she has access to all accounts. She has been communicating with a former old friend and has developed a relationship physically and mentally (I have proof) she denies all of it and states to me she deserves half of everything. The man she is dating I knew, he has threatened me and disclosed some private information about him and my wife... things have gotten worse he has moved to our town and follows my wife everywhere. Recently my wife beat me then turned the whole situation around and called the authorities on me stating I beat her when all I did was push her to get away she tore my shirt and beat my head. I have a lot to loose I have a company and two houses I want what’s best for my daughters but, at the same time I don’t want her to walk away with everything when I’m trying to make it work.

1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: What you need to do is get an aggressive attorney to defend you in a divorce. Adultery is one of the factors that a court will consider in potentially giving you a disproportionate share of the community estate. Apparently she has become violent with you so that is definitely a factor that a court will evaluate regarding custody of the children.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.