Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: My S/O is not allowed to see his daughter unless it meets the criteria of her mother. How can he get a custody arrangem

My S/O is listed on his daughter birth cert and signed an Acknoqldegment of paternity when she was born. he pays child support religiously, has her on his insurance and when he asks if he can see his daughter, her mother always says no, she has plans or makes conditions. We cannot afford a lawyer, but want to get at least standard visitation started. He is skeptical to fill out paperwork because he feels without a lawyer, he will have no rights. How do we file for this without a lawyer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You really need a lawyer. You might try legal aid or the OU legal clinic and see if they can help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.