Riverview, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: Married for ten yrs spouse wanting to separate or possibly divorce, living in condo where my name isn’t on the deed but

Have been paying mortgage for last ten yrs... wanting for me to move out so that spouse can rent out condo... what are my legal rights as far as my home?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
B. Elaine Jones
B. Elaine Jones

A: If you have been contributing toward the mortgage then you have rights to the property even though your name is not on the deed. I suggest that you consult with and retain a family law attorney. Most Justia attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Contact one of us today.


B. Elaine Jones, Esquire

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.