Tulsa, OK asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: I have my probation papers that say my probation ends on 04/06/2020. My officer says different.

My restituation isn't paid so he's saying I'll be locked up if its not completely paid even though the probation papers I have that he gave me says I have until 04/06/2020. I've been a model person on my probation and I have all my paperwork and all my receipts of my payments. What can I do and where can I get help with this legal problem?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: The Restitution should be paid first out of money you pay into Court, unless you were somehow supposed to pay it directly to the Victim. The Probation Officer runs the show so you have to do what they say. If he violates you, then you can argue to the Judge while in custody, but that may not work and you may serve the remaining Sentence. It will be alot easier paying the Restitution quickly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.