Yelm, WA asked in Personal Injury for Washington

Q: I was a chaperone on a school field trip. At the end of the trip the teacher took us across the street to a college cam

I was a chaperone on a school field trip. At the end of the trip the teacher took us across the street to a college campus with a concrete 85 step staircase....told kiddos to hurry to top fir a foto then hurry back down so we could go to another area she wanted to visit. I got bumped by a kiddo coming down that staircase and fell hard breaking my elbow and wrist. School district was notified and told me one of their policies would cover it. Long story short I'm getting every excuse in the book now. My wrist has not healed and I need to have surgery to fix it. I am in pain. I need my wrist fixed. I've had to pay alot out of pocket. I've still hot outstanding bills from er and dr. Please advise...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: If after your repeated attempts, they are not making any efforts to arrange for reimbursement of your medical expenses, you should consider consulting with a Washington attorney. As a general matter in many jurisdictions (I do not know the operation of Washington State law on this), public entities such as schools, municipalities, or transportation agencies are often protected by short notice of claim requirements. That means it's advisable for you to move without delay here. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.