Florence, AL asked in Adoption and Family Law for Georgia

Q: How can I find out my real fathers name,age,residence.

I never recieved any info from my mother before she passed. I Grew up as if everything was a secret in my life. I have a birth certificate with adopted dad its a chapter 31-10 and 290-1-3 what does that mean and why is my life before adoption non exsisting. Rumor had it i was a foundling child. I have 3 half siblings i grew up with. I just need to know what happened to my past and my father. Thank you for your time?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Have you considered hiring a private detective to see if the can locate the information for you? That may be a route you want to consider. Also, have you discussed this with any other family members who may be able to assist you in putting the pieces together? -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558 HomerJordan.com

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.