Ontario, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: Move Away Order

My wife and I have been married for a year I currently reside in Sacramento California and she lives down in Los Angeles she has a 3 year old son. Her and the kids father have a joint custody agreement where the mother has the son the majority of the time.

We have attempted to come to angreement before filing this in court and father refuses. Father does not pay any support I pay for expenses made in Los Angeles which cover (Rent,food, child care for my step son) father does not participate in school activities and decides to not take him the days he has the child.

I am employed in sacramento and have relocated effective 2016 to work for my company I have expenses here and in Los Angeles.

The father has one other son who he granted the mother full custody in return to not pay any child support he has not seen that child since birth.

He refuses to come to ana agreement outside of court and in mediations that have been held how can a move away order be granted?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: What's your question? If Mom and the other parent cannot reach an agreement, then mom needs to apply to the court for a move-away order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.