Montgomery, AL asked in Child Support for Alabama

Q: How can I get child support dropped if my children’s Mother agree to dropping it

I have 3 Kids I’m paying for on child support the oldest is 19 he doesn’t stay with me or the mother I’m still paying also my 17 year old doesn’t stay with either of us as well and my youngest stay with me but I’m paying. She told her social worker she wanted to drop the child support a month ago they haven’t responded yet need some assistance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You can go to court and petition to drop the support, but you've got to show the court why. Just because she wants to is not enough of a reason.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.