Westminster, SC asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: My son has a warrant for revocation of probation. His charge was for having marijuana in his vehicle.

He was sentenced to one year probation, some kind of classes in Corpus when he lives in Three Rivers with no car. He's had one ROP before and had more probation added. He missed appointment with probation officer and now has this warrant. How do we handle this and will be be sentenced to jail time? He just recently enrolled to an online college to get a bachelor's degree in computer technology, will the judge consider this and maybe put him under house arrest?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: The longer he waits the worse it will be.

If he can go to class, he can report.

Sounds like he is old enough that mommy should no longer be taking care of these things for him

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.