Baltimore, MD asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I'm going to lose my house September 19th due to back property taxes can somebody please help me

I live in Carbon County I was put on a payment plan for my 2017 taxes and I lost my job I called up and tax Bureau and Jim Thorpe and told them the situation and they said if I don't make that $312 payment that I need to come up with $2,500 to pay my 2018 and the 312 that I owe if somebody can please help me I don't want to lose my house.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Contact legal services if you haven't already. There may be exemptions you can get. Your state representative may be able to help you find other resources.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.