Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: I'm trying desperately to move out of state with my child but want to do it legally. The father refuses to work with me.

He will not budge on any terms except his own. I'm trying to move to an are where my last blood relatives are. We agreed for me to temporarily work out of state and bring the child with me during the summer. Now that school has started back, he is refusing to even let me talk with the child. What can I do to make this move possible with so much opposition? Can he refuse contact like he is without any standing court orders? We are unmarried but he does have his name on the birth certificate. What can I do?