Canton, GA asked in Federal Crimes, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Georgia

Q: If a child is drugged and raped by foster parent and neglected ignored and overlooked by child protection services and

My name is Daniel Huertas and I really need your help for the past 20 plus years the Cherokee county Georgia courts and CPS have violated neglected and ignored my rights Not only am I a sexual abuse surviver drugged and sexually abused by a Cherokee county Georgia foster parent Sherri Jo Wilkes in 1993 the Cherokee county child protection services ignored the abuse and chose send me back the abusive foster home. The Cherokee county family courts also caused me mental anguish and pain and suffering by signing a order to put me in juvenile detention center for no reason other than to punish me for exposing the fact that 1.)I was being sexually abused by state employee2..) The family and children services ignored violated and neglected a child in Georgia custody and failed to protect a child from severe sexual and mental abuse..3...) The state department of family and children services failed to act on child's behalf of reported foster home abuse.4....)The department of family and childre

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: You have a case but you also have a statute of limitations issue. Contact the Ga. Trial Lawyers Assn and ask for the names of attorneys who have or are handling priest abuse cases.

They know the exceptions to statute of limitations but suing the state is always an issue because of something called "sovreign immunity" which gives governments a lot of leeway in being sued.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.