Spring, TX asked in Criminal Law and Immigration Law for Texas

Q: What type of lawyer does it need? Criminal or immigration or both?

A member of our community is currently in jail for Fraud use /Poss. of ID, Failed to ID, and ICE hold. Before that event, he was on an ICE bail. He entered with the United State with a different name. He is now married to an American citizen and 2 kids (with different mothers). He has a currently case with the immigration office for his green card. He had with him, the identification of name he entered the country with and his real identification. The immigration office is aware he is the same individual.

How should we go about this case?

Note: He is been denied a court appointed lawyer.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: Both.

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: He needs an immigration attorney with knowledge of criminal actions on immigration cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.