Portland, OR asked in Employment Law for Oregon

Q: If my final paycheck wasn't payed to me when the law requires it be ? Does my employer have to pay me a full days wages?

My boss suspended me indefinitely and then he kept my final paycheck because of a draw taken , I told him it was illegal and made him pay me. He was about three weeks late paying me and he changed my dependents to exempt and took 25% of my take home for himself. I have a court ordered child support garnishment that didn't get payed . He changed my dependants to be able to take more of my check for himself. How many days can I request that he pays me a days wages for him paying me late? And when would he have to pay me if he suspended me indefinitely instead of saying your fired? I quit in a text message after being suspended indefinitely. So he was supposed to pay me in five days correct? I told him he couldn't take money out of my final check for a draw and he took what was court ordered to child support division . He didn't make a paystub for my final check until I demanded he pay me and I told him I wanted what he owed for paying me late. He originally took 200$ for himself 96$ 4 me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: There are a lot of things going on, but yes, it sounds like he would owe you a minimum of 8 hours of pay for each day he was late. But there is the possibility he owes more, a lot more. You should contact an employment law attorney near you to discuss.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.