Ortonville, MN asked in DUI / DWI for Minnesota

Q: who do you contact to have a MN DL suspened for an UI in WI? person has lived 8 yrs in WI but just renewed MN lic?

A PERSON living in WI for 8 yrs, has WI vehicle plates and WI business, but still drives w a MN DL who has no home in MN but has a business in MN but does not live or go to business maybe 30 days a year.

said person gets a WI OUI with a minor in vehicle with a breathlizer done 3 to 4 hrs after picked up by officers is still a .213

who takes his license? WI will not give him a DL now but how does MN license get suspensed? should he not have had a WI lic to begin with since not a residency where he stays in MN


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Rogers, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: If you have lived in WI for 8 years, you should have long ago gotten a WI license. But that is a separate issue. WI will suspend your privilege to drive in WI. MN will then honor that suspension. So your MN license will get revoked. You will have to go through the process of getting your right to drive in both states reinstated. You should consider getting representation from someone who is licensed in both states to assist you in getting your DL valid.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.