Van Nuys, CA asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: Am being sued & a judgement was made against me for not showing but was unaware of lawsuit. Not responsible for debt

Am being sued for Breach of Contract but i have nothing to do with the loan agreement between my ex boyfriend & his mother. I signed as a witness only & was never any kind of business partner with my exboyfriend (co-defendant). A judgement was made against me for not showing up because i didn't know i was being sued because i was served by publication. I don't get or read the newspaper. I'm trying to file a motion to set aside & vacate judgement but also had court today which i missed because am too sick. I also believe the Plaintiff altered the original contract because she submitted it as evidence but then had that Exhibit destroyed just before the judgement was made. I couldn't find it in the case file & this is the type of thing the Plaintiff would do. Can i still file the papers? What can i do?