Baton Rouge, LA asked in Family Law for Louisiana

Q: I’m going on my fourth time being assigned a new court date because they haven’t been able to serve the father of

my child. I’m going for a modification. He works for the federal government (on a military base in New Orleans) I live in Baton Rouge. How does this work? Will I been assigned a new court date every 3 months for years to come if they aren’t able to serve him. Im going through support enforcement. He’s been paying for the past 13 years. He only pay $400 he was suppose to pay over $900, but silly me agreed and let him pay the $400. He definitely makes the money.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: A private attorney can get him served. But you chose to use support enforcement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.