Fleetwood, PA asked in Car Accidents for Pennsylvania

Q: My daughter had an accident with my car for left turn w/ accident. She planned to plead guilty to this as she did it.

There was a second citation for operating a vehicle without required financial responsibility. She got the papers out of the glove compartment and asked the officer what he needed. She stated he took one paper and returned it. He said noting regarding the insurance card. (Which was in the glove compartment with the registration)

She is listed as the owner on the citations. The car is registered to my husband and I and is insured.

I left a message with the officer in an attempt to rectify the misinformation with no return call.

What is our best course of action?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: try the officer (politely -- he may not have returned the call because he was very busy) if that doesn't work plead not guilty.

As to the car crash, I hope she's OK but if she needs to see a doctor the medical under the car insurance will cover her. As she is at fault making a medical claim won't change any future outcome as far as rates go.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.