Miami, FL asked in Civil Litigation for Florida

Q: i have to force my ex to sell our apartment . Can you help me

I have an apartment with my ex , i have to leave for my safety, he have records of domestic violence before and i had a few incidents that i have to call the police . i was recommended by the police it is states in one of the records to leave for my safety . We have a daughter , she was staying some days at the apartment , but he have a new partner in the house with her kids without my concern and she attacked my daughter and the lady was charged with a restrained order , she went back to the apartment , my daughter called the police again and she was charged with criminal charges for violating the restraining order . We went to court two weeks ago and they make it permanent , we are paying a lot of rental money for an apartment and he is living there paying $500 only for mortgage . Me and my daughter wants to sell the apartment for being able to buy our home wich is fear

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: No, you can't; but the Judge can--if you file for divorce. If you have already been divorced, file a motion to reopen the case to address all these "changed circumstances."

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.