Ann Arbor, MI asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Michigan

Q: Can I claim Unclaimed "properties" as a grandchild if the legal representative (executor/administrator) can't be reached

According to the State my deceased grandmother has unclaimed "property" and the then executor/administrator has not been able to be reached after about a year of attempts. I'm guessing the "property" is nearing the time the state can claim it and take it (I'd hate to see it go to them). I don't know if I was in the will or not but the other party that's known to have been on the will that was has no interest in going after it. I have requested a copy of the will from the courts. My grand mother passed away 14 years ago.