Gilbert, AZ asked in Estate Planning for Arizona

Q: Uncle in law passed 10 yrs ago,can't find his wife after she started probate. when will family get $$. we are in AZ

Wife started probate and then disappeared. My FIL is the next living heir. This has been in the courts for almost 10 yrs. There is a notice of potential heir (my FIL) stated in the court records but nothing else has been done. Last update to the record was 01/30/19. January will mark 10 yrs since this all started. When can we petition the court to have the money, from the sale of his home, distributed to my FIL?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Hire a probate attorney to help you petition the court to replace the executor on the grounds that the executor is failing to perform.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.