Winchendon, MA asked in Child Custody for Massachusetts

Q: My parents have had custody for 5.5 years.....alot of stuff has gone down but i recently moved in with my parents

In doing so i realized my parents are now alcholics and they verbally abuse me and have outrageous standards and rules for me....I pay child support.....i pay for them for taking care of my son (who i want back mind you) but I am trying to get out of fighting them i want them to just give him to me. But they wont there is always an excuse. I just need some advice on how to get out of this cycle.....

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Is this a guardianship of minor case? If so then you can petition the Probate Court and if you are indigent you can also request counsel be appointed on your behalf.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.