Scottsbluff, NE asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Nebraska

Q: Can my child’s counselor and lawyer deny me to see my child if it’s not signed off by a judge? If doctors also agree?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If a parent is being denied access to their child without a court order, it may be time to file an action or motion to ask for a court order allowing specific parenting time. Whether such will be granted or not depends on the specific facts of the case. You should contact an attorney to assist you if you are being denied access to your child. Depending on the specific facts of your case, it may be time to file an action/motion or first take other action before filing such or maybe another option is best.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.