Lancaster, OH asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Family Law and Child Support for Ohio

Q: I turn 18 in 30 days. I cant stand being at my house anymore. Is it illegal if i was to leave right now and move out?

My friend has an apartment. Me and him both have jobs. I would still be going to school and getting my education.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: It could cause problems for you and for him if you leave before 18. Hang on for 30 more days. But consider that if you leave now or when 18, you might no longer have any health insurance, car insurance, or other support from your family. If your friend later kicks you out, then that could be difficult for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.