Harlingen, TX asked in Construction Law for Texas

Q: If a construction company broke contract by not having the house done by the completion date what can i do? Its 2

Months over and they ignore our calls and messages. These people are rude and disrespectful. We have been in contract with them since june 2018 and our house is yet to be finished ! They havent worked on the house for months plus they have made so many mistakes that we have had to pay out of pocket because they wont ! I need help , its been a year and 4 months since we gave them a deposit and we need our house :(

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Construction Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: This is something a Texas attorney would best advise you on, but your question remains open for three weeks. If you consulted with an attorney, they will ask for the underlying contract and other documents you have for the project, including specs, change orders, records of emails or other communications, payment records, etc. You could compile these items and arrange a consult. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.