Richmond, KY asked in Estate Planning for Kentucky

Q: In Kentucky my husband dies leaving a will, our adult son is executor, he & I do not get along, he lives beside me..

The marital home has 2 apartments my deceased husband lived in one, me the other one. The estate has been open for 5 months, the Executor refuses me entrance to my husbands apartment, sons probate attorney removed himself as sons attorney, then after the son threatened my probate attorney, my attorney advised me to change the locks for my safety, but the 2 apartments are separated, outside entrance to each apartment, the will provided me with the right to live here as the deed was solely in husbands name, though 49 years of marriage, I am familiar with the executors role for property, because we do not get along, and colder weather coming on, no way can I communicate with the executor if the thermostat needs to be turned to the heat setting, to prevent damage that most likely I would have to pay for.. the executor told the police I changed the door locks to my husbands apartment, the police tell me I can be prosecuted no matter if my attorney told me to do that ... Thank You