Greensboro, NC asked in Family Law and Child Custody for North Carolina

Q: Will this be a hard fight being that I let him stay to long in there care? Can I file a motion for dismal w/o attorne

My son is 2yr old been in his godparents care for 1yr 3 months I moved to Charlotte December of 2017 got a place end up losing it June 2018 Was going move back to Fayetteville but they offered to help me Until I got back on my feet I never wrote any agreement or rights to them now that I’m stable I just want him back they filed for emergency custody they put a lot of lies in the motion they filed .ive got a copy of motion

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Houser
Amanda Bowden Houser
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You need an attorney. Based on your own description - they don't need to lie. Even if everything they said in their Motion for Emergency Custody is lies and everything you have said here is true - even with an attorney, your odds of winning are likely not good but without an attorney, they are likely less than slim and none. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.