Fort Worth, TX asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: 60/40 is the plan. He only typically has them every other weekend. I want to change the custody. He won’t agree.

He doesn’t want to pay more child support but wants to do what the kids wants and they want to be with me. How can I change this? He makes twice as much money and I take a low job to keep the kids on the schedule which is benifical to him as no daycare is needed. The kids vary rarely even stay the night with him on his weekend nights as they usually come home and I take them back the next day. I would like to modify but he won’t agree. We have been doing this since January.

1 Lawyer Answer
Doak Willis
Doak Willis
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You have not said if this is a joint custody case or you have sole custody. You need to hire an attorney to file a motion to modify the Decree requesting a change in custody to full custody or if you already have that then request a modification of the visitation and child support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.