Asked in Divorce for Georgia

Q: Can I be held responsible for a loan my ex-husband opened after our divorce?

I divorced 2 years ago. In my divorce decree I was awarded my home. My ex-husband was to pay it off and sign it solely over to me. The bank it was financed through showed up at my house telling me that the payment were a couple of months behind. If I couldn't come up with the $4500.00 left owed on it they were going to reposes it. I wasn't able to get the $4500 and lost my home. The bank sent me a letter stating that whatever they sold the home for over what was owed I would get back. After almost 3 months of emails & calls I finally got an answer from them on if they had sold it or not yet. The bank said that yes it was sold and the remaining money went to paying off a loan my ex-husband opened after we divorced. Can they do that considering I had no debt and was awarded the home in my divorce? Also why should money's that are mine pay off anything he purchased after our divorce. I would appreciate in help this matter. Signed single mom of 2