Philadelphia, PA asked in Civil Rights for Pennsylvania

Q: What type of lawyer would i pursue in suing a police district for harassment and violation of rights of an individual ?

My son has run ins with the 17th police district in philadelphia for the last 2 years, they stop him at least 1-2 a month for bogus reasons, I made a complaint last year to a sergent and seems like nothing has made a difference, he always appear to get stopped up the street, down the street, two blocks away from where we live at. My son has been all over the city and in other counties and has got stopped 2 times in 2 years other then here at home, he has been stopped at least 4 times in front of our house alone, also he was already stopped before they officially turned lights on. Last time my son was stopped down the street from our home, my daughter went up the block to make sure everything was ok, as the officer let my son go, as my daughter turned around she said that the officer who issued him the ticket said he was going to make sure that he gets stopped again. on 10/29/19 my son went to the store the police started following him as soon as he turned off of our block

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: Why hasnt your son ever recorded these encounters?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.