Yucca Valley, CA asked in Medical Malpractice for California

Q: Husband had a heart stent place but wasn't told he had a tear in the artery or the tear was done when the stent was

place when he went home and went to another doctor they saw on the disc the tear from the doctor that place the stent. Would that be medical neglience or malpractice. He had emergency open heart surgery after several complications

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: It's possible it could be. You could arrange a consultation with a med mal attorney in California. Many offer free initial consults. If the law firm felt that there could be the basis for a case, they would request your medical history and surgery records and review them with a medical professional. These cases are typically handled on a contingency basis, meaning that the firm would only be paid attorney fees upon a favorable jury verdict or settlement. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.