Newark, NJ asked in Probate for New Jersey

Q: Wife's father passed his will states everything to wife. Executives family kept us out of loop. His wife is incompetent.

Executives were co executives daughter and grand. We hired a lawyer cause we were told there is no money left. All we asked for was to find out where the father's money went. Also poa was gotten illegally of the wife. Hired the layer we ask to get poa removed which was done illegally and he was removed grandson. We ask to lawyer to find out about how the fathers money was handled. We keep being told that we have to go for Guardian even though we told her it would be challenged. 9 months later nj state becomes wife's mother's Guardian and layer said this is how it had to be done. And we told that we have no right to get for an accounting if wife is not guardian. Any help would be appreciated

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Derek John Soltis
Derek John Soltis
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Jersey City, NJ

A: I am sorry to hear about your situation. You need to bring all of the documents to an attorney that understands NJ laws regarding guardianship and probate. There are too many questions that need to be asked of you to answer in a public forum. The attorney will definitely need to go over all of the case work done so far before you could get any competent advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.