Akron, OH asked in Landlord - Tenant for Ohio

Q: I am owner and have a 3yr tenant who am giving a 30 day notice can he appeal that if he has kids I am wanting to sell

He says heal appeal it and stay there for 90days free plus he has done alot of property damage

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If he is causing property damage, file an eviction. The court will schedule the hearing a couple weeks later, and then give him 7 days to get out. There is no "90 days free." Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local attorney to review the lease and the facts, and represent you in filing the eviction properly so you get tenant out as soon as possible. You can also sue tenant for the damage to the property, but collecting might not be worth it. Talk to your attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.