Lakewood, NJ asked in Consumer Law, Business Law, Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith

Q: hi i rented a 15passvan with my canadian insr. card for my car. in canada its a commerc.vehicle(not covered), hit a deer

now i got a big bill is the rental required to verify there's insurance and are they liable in any way would any lawyer even be interested in involving himself and should i even try?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: You would want to be sure that you have a denial of coverage, and the reasons. Then contact attorneys who handle "bad faith " claims. A lot depends on who you rented from, was that in Canada etc. I wouldn't give up as Rental Companies often collect from their own insurance and bill you, getting double! If the crash was in NJ, contact a member of the NJ Assn for Justice in the county where it happened.

1 user found this answer helpful