Grand Blanc, MI asked in Real Estate Law for Michigan

Q: My friend faces possible eviction, with 4 kids in the home, they are almost 3 mos. behind on rent?What are their options

Her husband has been out of work and ubering, to try and make enough cash, but they haven't been able to catch up on the rent, though they keep making payments

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Soble
David Soble
  • Farmington Hills, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: I am sorry for your circumstances, however, if you are behind on payments, the landlord does have the right to ask the court to evict you and your family. I would contact your landlord and see if he will take partial payments. Bankruptcy can be another option however. That would stop an eviction. You would need the name of a good bankruptcy attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.