Castro Valley, CA asked in Civil Rights for California

Q: Could I call the police to assist me with getting my daughter back from her fathers mother, whom i have an active

protective order against,I agreed for her father to care for her while i obtained an apartment, he agreed and later got his parental rights relinquished. how can i get an copy of the active order to get my child.? And I just discovered his rights were taken due to sexual abuse 2 different times in different county. The mother is not allowing me to see my daughter now to the things ive uncovered about her son and in a way kidnapped my child. please some input or advise

thanx for taking time and reading this.-happy holidays

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need a real good family law lawyer to help with this. Look for such a lawyer who is a certified specialist in family law. A simple Google search should reveal plenty to begin with. Alternatively, you can go to your local county's bar association website and look for their lawyer's referral service.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.