Omaha, NE asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nebraska

Q: For the last 9 years, I've had primary custody of my 3 children. Now my ex is suing for sole custody.

8 months ago I told my family I had a problem abusing pain meds. I asked my ex to take our kids for a week while I worked on myself. He then filed a temporary order giving him full custody. I have never been in trouble with the law, my kids are happy, healthy. I was prescribed these for many years, and then I didn't know how to stop without asking for help. He's now suing for sole custody. He has previous felonies, was not in their lives for the first 5 year, and owes 9years worth of back child support. My kid's ages are 9, 11, and 14. I have been in counseling, on methodone, and sober with drug tests to prove it since this all started. I live with my fiancee who has no record, works 3 jobs. Bought a house after judge ordered we have new place to live in ops school district so they wouldn't have to change schools. Went to court and was told my home didn't fall within a certain radius of the school so now they have to change schools after the holiday. Why is he likely to win the battl