Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: Is there a way I can still have the case continued where I dont testify in court infront of the gentleman?

He makes me really un easy just being around him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Unfortunately you need to provide some additional information for a reliable response. Are you a defendant (doesn’t sound like it)? Or are you a victim or other witness (sounds more probable)? Cases get dismissed when witnesses fail, or refuse, to testify. They can be passed or continued at the request of the DA or prosecutor if the Court (Judge) allows. But, if the defendant fights the case, witnesses must give testimony that a crime was Commited and identify the individual responsible or he/ she will walk free.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.