Union, KY asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: It has come to my attention that my 12 year old sister is being abused by her father how do I get her out

She is 12 years old and he makes her let him watch her shower in detail and if she denies him he physically punishes her and hasn’t giving her outside contact until I picked her up for Christmas break I noticed she had cuts on her wrist and come to find out she is self harming herself to get out of the situation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matt Schalk
Matt Schalk
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Princeton, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Contact law enforcement and/or the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.