Hamden, CT asked in Immigration Law for Connecticut

Q: Defensive asylum in removal?

I was placed in removal proceedings and was bond out due to overstayed visa . My background and record are clean 0 violations.

I filed defensive asylum reason we came here all family we were prosecuted and had fear threatening political group. My dad was One of the groups member we were kids as well . I filed asylum after 1 year deadline I have a valid reason my mom that came with us lived here 10 months had cancer hospitalized and died in 10 months which got us distracted From

This whole thing . having problem with evidence but my claim is legit my GOD knows . What can I do to win asylum since I have lack of evidence plus I’m in immigration court . This is very stressful country I’m from Hard to get evidence and violations happening everyday there As usual group it self is still there . Please help me with answer .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Your best bet is to hire an attorney to represent you in this process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.