Asked in DUI / DWI and Traffic Tickets for North Carolina

Q: I was given probation in another county I had got a ticket in for a pending DWI in the county I live in. Can I fight it?

Should I seek a lawyer to take it back to court so I can get off probation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Your question doesn't make sense. You do not get probation for pending matters. Do you mean a probation violation? If so, you really shouldn't get violated merely for being charged. Regardless, if you have a pending DWI - you need an attorney. So shop around for a DWI attorney in the county you were charged in. You should do this ASAP as some aspects of DWI's are time sensitive. That attorney should also be able to advise you about the probation issue as well. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.