Monroe Township, NJ asked in Estate Planning and Probate for New Jersey

Q: In NJ does a surviving spouse have any right to a house (owned prior to marriage) of deceased spouse who died intestate?

My father just passed away. He was married at the time of his death but not to my mother. My mother passed away 16 years ago and my father eventually remarried. My father had no will. He owned his house outright before he married his current wife. This is my childhood home that he and my birth mother toiled and slaved to pay for. His current wife has never even been to the home, has never resided in the home, has never put a dime into the home, and has even expressed to me in the past that she doesn't want to take the home because it is mine. However, she seems to be changing her tune now that he has passed as she sees dollar signs. Does she have any right to this home? Wouldn't it be considered separate property acquired prior to marriage? Is this situation something that a judge could rule on so as to exclude her from taking a share of what should justly and rightfully pass to me? I'm distraught to think that she would have a right to it. Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thank you.