Peoria, AZ asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Arizona

Q: The trustee of my fathers irrevocable trust breached many of her trustees duties . I hired an atty which I paid 14,000

Paid atty in order to get finacial records they would not give me because they could not interrupt the terms in the trust to determine what my interest was . I refused to sign a release of liabilities and the trustee refused to guve me an early distribution . The trustee Than charged me for the increase taxes that thevtryst incured because they did not give me my distribution because I refused to sign releasing gem of liabilities .when I recieved the records all that money was drained out of that trust because the trustee failed to follow the terms in the trust and gave the funds to my step mother for her medical bills . Providing me with the records aftervthevfunds were gone defeats my ability to protect my interest as peraz Trust Code states they are required to do . Now my atty wants me to settle That I would pay my taxes the trust occurred . . My atty’s will not even a dress the fiduciaries breaches or even the az trust code statues the failed to follow terms in the trust help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The best source of advice for this situation is your existing attorney, who knows the facts and circumstances better than anyone else besides yourself. If you are dissatisfied with your existing attorney, it is within your power to fire him or her and hire another attorney. Be prepared, however, for the possibility that the new attorney will give you the same advice and charge you for it, so shopping around can get costly, but it is worth it if your existing attorney truly is giving bad advice or not getting the job done.

Gregory Christopher Poulos agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.